Thursday, September 2, 2010

The March of a Student Soldier:

I wasn't the greatest Student. For many reasons. I held a job, steady serious girlfriend, was a lyricist and front man for a rock band, family, friends and then School. My older brother was already an enlisted reservist. I was wearing Marine Corps T-Shirts in 7th Grade. Desert Storm was happening during my Junior Year. My Senior year I worked for a Christian Based Global Outreach that sent goods and supplies to Rwanda before the Civil War. I was glued to CNN every night I had a chance to watch Television. I'd stay up all hours during the entire Crisis. I had watched all the old War Movies and knew my time was coming to serve the Nation. I was a wild child to my Friends and Family but was always Professional in the Workforce. After School, I signed up for the U.S. Army. Tested, Qualified & Trained in a Delayed Entry Status. Later to join the Corps where I was the only Recruit from the Murder Capital of the time, Memphis, TN. to Graduate Parris Island, SC as the smallest and toughest white kid in the Platoon. Later in my Military Schools, I graduated in the top Percentile of Marine Combat Training as #4 out of 75 Trained Warriors, Meritoriously Awarded and #6 out of 100 other Specially Trained Infantry Marines.

No comments:

Post a Comment